Bishop Clifford Caleb DunlapApril 10, 1930 - May 26, 2011
Elder Dunlap was a member of Love Tabernacle on Hastings street in 1948 and remained under the leadership of Bishop Rimson until the early 1960’s. He accepted the call to the ministry in 1972 and received the appointment of Elder in 1975 by Bishop C.L. Anderson, Jr. He was later appointed Assistant Pastor to Pastor Evans. He and Bishop Rimson were comrades in the work of the Lord in the Deliverance District of the Great Lakes First Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction.
On July 29, 1990, God blessed Greater Love Tabernacle with a new pastor, Elder Clifford Dunlap. He was a man with a vision to rebuild the congregation’s spirit. Because of his love for people and the church, the congregation continued to grow. Elder Dunlap extended our outreach ministries into the community, hospitals, jails and other churches through R.E.A.C.H. (Restoring Esteem, Attitude, Character and Health), house calls, the jail ministry and deaf ministry. The outreach extended as far as Liberia, West Africa. Elder Dunlap established the Bishop William Rimson Memorial Scholarship in honor of the church’s founder and his emphasis on higher education. He also supported healing the minds and hearts of people through support groups, encouraging seniors to be more active by providing activities, trips and health educational programs.
In 1998 Bishop C. L. Anderson. Jr. appointed Pastor Dunlap to the position of Superintendent of the Deliverance District. November 13, 2006, Pastor Dunlap was consecrated Bishop Clifford Caleb Dunlap, Prelate, Great Lakes First Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction of Michigan by Bishop Gilbert E. Patterson, the Presiding Bishop of the Church of God in Christ.
Bishop Clifford Dunlap made his transition from labor to reward on May 26, 2011.